At Utility Bidder, we provide business energy comparison solutions to a variety of businesses using the expertise of our energy consultants. Our commitment is to prioritise people, including our staff and suppliers, at the core of our operations. Ensuring their well-being and striving for optimal outcomes for everyone is integral to our purpose, strategy, and operations. It is this principle that drives our commitment to adhere to the Modern Slavery Act.
Understanding the Modern Slavery Act 2015
The Modern Slavery Act 2015 (the “Act”) aims to address the responsibility of businesses in preventing modern slavery within their operations and supply chains. It mandates businesses to publish a statement outlining the measures taken to prevent modern slavery and human trafficking within their business activities and supply networks.
This page outlines the measures we have taken and will persist in implementing as part of our dedication to preventing slavery and human trafficking from infiltrating our business operations and supply chains.
About Utility Bidder
Utility Bidder is a well-established provider of business energy comparison services for a variety of businesses across the UK. As a private limited company based in the UK, our suppliers are integral to supporting our diverse range of trading entities and the services we offer.
After thorough consideration of our services and business operations, we have determined that, while our group of businesses is not directly exposed to high risks of modern slavery and human trafficking, we remain vigilant for any potential emerging risks. Upholding ethical standards and integrity in all our business relationships is paramount. We are committed to implementing effective systems and controls to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are absent from our business and supply chains.
Our Policies at Utility Bidder
We expect our suppliers to align with our stance against modern slavery and human trafficking. To ensure this, we will endeavour to:
- Continuously review our supply chains and conduct risk-based assessments of our suppliers.
- Evaluate the Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statements of our key suppliers.
- Source goods and services in line with stringent policies and standards to ensure compliance.
- Include clauses in agreements requiring suppliers to adhere to relevant laws, including anti-slavery legislation.
- Publicly share this statement on our website and internal communication channels for accessibility to suppliers, employees, and customers.
- Update internal policies to address modern slavery concerns and establish accountability at the highest levels of our organization.
- Regularly monitor and assess our business operations to meet regulatory standards.
Our Ongoing Efforts
We will persist in reviewing our internal practices to uphold our commitment to combat human trafficking and modern slavery. Here at Utility Bidder, we aim to identify, assess and manage risks on an ongoing basis by gathering information from suppliers regarding their awareness of, and compliance with, the Act, and endeavour to ensure that appropriate contractual provisions are built into our supplier contracts.