Salary Package: £40,000 to £45,000 PA
Job Type: Permanent / Full-Time
The Sales Academy Leader will take the lead on the success of our Sales Academy, working with others across the team to ensure that the academy develops well rounded sales professionals who will have developed an understanding of our solutions, our target markets, and sales skills all aligned to our culture and values.
You’ll be responsible for the development, motivation, and effectiveness of the academy sales team – taking them on a journey to reach exceptional levels of performance by accelerating their personal and professional growth and enhancing their skill set.
What you’ll be getting up to
Deliver a ‘curriculum style’ learning and development framework over a 12-week period
- Disciplined in following overarching process to gain specific outcomes
- Combine teaching with performance management – Active role in educating and developing to driving productivity and effectiveness
- Ability to deliver effective classroom work in addition to having line responsibility to challenge and drive individuals’ performance.
- Required to provide full candidate support from early onboarding through to development of capability and then driving performance.
- Providing effective teaching of technical information, skills and knowledge in classroom environment. Ability to balance empathetic and pastoral care with the requiring of individuals to implement the key technical, skills and knowledge based learning
- Deliver on graduation objectives
- Steadfast in the ultimate objectives of graduating delegates. Awareness of budgetary expectations and being able to amend, address, adapt to changing circumstances. Pragmatic approach, and being agile within the frameworks.
- Maintain and report on progress, have contingencies for below or above expectation candidate development.
- Obvious ‘people skills’ of an L&D professional, but an eye for commercial detail as well as developmental detail. Back catalogue and robust tool kit to cater for fast or slow moving candidates. Ability to be able to coach both performance and behaviours
- Work with the wider business to provide a full 360 learning, development and graduation experience.
- Ability to work, and have influence with, key stakeholders in the business, especially when requiring the services of others within the curriculum. (SME’s/Channel support/leaders and guests)
Who are we
We’re Utility Bidder. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve helped more than 75,000 UK businesses switch energy suppliers and save over 45% on their energy bills. Our mission is to become the number 1 energy broker within the UK.
Why join Team UB
We’re an award-winning business: with a fantastic reputation behind us and an exciting future ahead.
We have huge ambitions and we’re growing fast: There really is no better place to make a big impact and unlock your potential than with us here at UB.
Fast-track progression: your pace of promotion is limited only by your ambition and results. You’ll be surrounded by a talented, supportive team who will push you every day to reach your potential.
How we work: At UB, you’re treated like an adult to operate in what style works for you, we don’t micromanage.
Our office space: Our Team sits in Spinningfields Manchester. We work office hours with no evenings or weekends and we offer plenty of flexibility to help you find the balance that works for you.
Fun + collaborative culture: Life at UB is fun, fast, collaborative, and supportive. We go the extra mile to ensure our people are happy, motivated, and fulfilling their potential.
Plenty of perks: There are many incentives to reward you for your results along the way: monthly lunches, early finishes, an annual all expenses paid trip abroad, summer and winter parties, team building events and many more. You also have your very own games area in the office!
The role will be a great fit if
- You’ll have above average administration skills and ideally, you’ll have worked in a high volume, sales focused environment.
- You’ll pay attention to the details, and you’ll care about getting things right the first time.
- You’re reliable and able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- A strong collaborator, able to build strong relationships across the business with a focus on developing a ‘one team’ approach.
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude and be able to step up to the challenges of working in a fast paced business.
- Be an excellent communicator, bringing your personality to work and interacting with people on a human level. Motivation and a positive attitude are key to this role.
- Initiative and a desire to learn & grow with the business
- Able to work autonomously on a day-to-day basis.
What’s on offer
- Office hours we operate flexible hours between 9 – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) – and if that’s not enough you can also buy & sell holidays too.
- Yearly company-wide holiday (Ibiza 2023)
- Summer and Winter Parties
- Employee Assistance Programme – with 24/7 access to a Remote GP
- Cycle to Work Scheme & Tech Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance cover
- Ongoing opportunities to progress your career