Salary: Negotiable Salary
Job Type: Permanent – Monday to Friday 37.5 hours
The IT Support Technician is responsible for triaging and dealing with all incoming IT Support Helpdesk tickets, including diagnosing computer/laptop problems, application support for the business’ core CRM system, installing software, and performing tests on computer equipment and programs. They will also be responsible for setting up computer equipment, schedule maintenance and train employees to use programs. Assist with office moves along with frequent travel to the Manchester office.
Click here for further information on this vacancy.
- Resolving technical problems through the ticketing system and service level agreements
- Building or configuring new hardware to agreed specifications
- Installing and updating business approved software packages
- Purchase the appropriate software licencing agreement
- Supporting end users with setting up and configuring equipment; support can be provided in person, over the phone or online
- Creating and maintaining support documentation as required
- Compliance with GDPR across all touchpoints
- Recommending computer products or applications
- Communicate with end users on maintenance schedules
- Minimise operational downtime
- Maintain IT Asset Registers for Hardware and Applications used in the business
- Assisting the IT Support Manager as and when required
- Performing ad-hoc additional duties as required by the business
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Diagnosing and repairing electrical / hardware / server problems.
- Business skills.
- Customer service skills.
- ICT Qualification or Equivalent.